Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Treatment Day 2- Oct. 26

Today did not start off well.  I woke up with the same headache.  I did not sleep well, and I am a terrific sleeper.  Sleep problems are a side effect of the medicine. I was so nauseous that I felt like I was pregnant ( NO, I AM NOT!!!) .  I did not want to take my tamoxifen (hormone reducing pill).  I mean I really did not want to take it.  It’s so hard to take something that I know will make me feel like crap! Plus, I am not taking this to cure the cancer- that’s what surgery and radiation are for.  I’m taking it to prevent the chance of a reoccurrence. I still could have a reoccurrence . BUT, I still have to take it. Another side effect is I am so emotional. I just keep crying like a girl, and I am not a crier! Geesh!   The side effects are worse because I am so emotional about the side effects (which is a side effect)  Follow??? So, with lots of tears in my eyes, I called a friend to help me (tell me) to take that DAMN pill!!  I did it!! YAY!
Radiation was off schedule because everyone was in a tornado drill for the tornado warning out. Once the warning was over, treatment was uneventful, as it should be for a few more weeks.
So, to look for the silver lining in today.  I am blessed.  I have great family, friends, kids, co- workers and a job  I love.  I don’t have to have chemo and I have it WAY better than many people in this world!  God is good!
Radiation : 2 down....33 to go
Tamoxifen:  2 down...... 4 years and 363 days to go

No comments:

Post a Comment