Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Chemo????

So, today was the big today. Thank goodness, I was so swamped helping my adorable students that I didn't have time to be too nervous until about an hour before the appointment.  The Oncotype DX test revealed a score of 8 on a scale of 0 to 100.  The lower the score the better. I have a 6%  chance of this cancer coming back in the next ten years.  For you mathematical people- that's about 1 out of 20 people with my socre will have a reoccurence.  I needed a score of less than 17.  Bottom line: I DON'T NEED CHEMO! I DON'T NEED CHEMO!   Happy Day!! Happy Day!!!!
Funny thing is my mom was with me, and I started crying as soon as I heard the score because I was so happy.  She thought I was crying because I needed chemo.
 God has answered another prayer!  Despite this cancer, I feel blessed everyday.  I feel God's presence in my life and feel the strength He has given me through all of this. 
The first thing I did when I left the doctor was to call to make my hair appointment for a cut and color. I will never again complain when I have to hand over $100 bucks every time I have to get my hair done.  I have hair that needs to get done!  HAIR IS GOOD!!!! 
I pray for all those who are having to go through chemo and all the women who have to lose their hair.  I felt so vain that I was so upset about the thought of losing my hair.  It's just hair, but still it is a big deal to lose it.  It seems that I can't stop running my fingers through my hair and just feeling so thankful.
The other highlight of my day was greeting my boys at the bus stop with the good news.  They were very happy!!  Every day is a blessing, but today is a special blessing!
I go to the radiologist next Friday for my simulation of treatments.  I think I will get a CAT  scan and some tatoos to mark where the radation will begin. Treatment will be 5 days a week for 7 weeks.
I will also be starting the tamoxifen here sometime this week.  I pray the hot flashes will be tolerable.  Please keep me in your prayers as I begin treatment and I will keep you all updated.  God Bless!

1 comment:

  1. AMEN!!! I am so happy for you. I hope you enjoy your pampering when they do your hair. You deserve it!! Thank you for the continued updates. Please know that we are praying for you each and every day!!

    ReplyDelete